How to make soup in your cold pressed juicer.
This vegetable based soup is a recipe that my sister was taught in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence in France.
It will take less than 30 minutes to prepare and no cooking is required. All it needs is an hour of chilling time in the fridge before serving. A chilled soup might seem unappealing but what it lacks in heat it makes up for in flavour. It makes the perfect entree at a dinner party or pour some into a thermos and you have an easy, light lunch on the run.
It is dairy free, raw, vegan and can be gluten free as long as you switch out the bread with a gluten free equivalent.
As there are only a few simple ingredients, it is important to buy the best ingredients your money can afford - you will be able to taste the difference!
Because of its origin it calls for a baguette to be used. If you cannot find a baguette in your local area, a few crusty white dinner rolls from the bakery or equivalent will suffice.
Soupe de Légumes Crus de Provence (Provencal Soup of Raw Vegetables)
- 450g vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped (mine weighed 210g after chopping)
- 175g cucumber, sliced (any variety will do)
- 1 large fennel bulb, chopped into 3cm pieces (mine weighed 340g after chopping)
- 1 large lemon, outer skin removed
- 30ml balsamic vinegar
- 45ml high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 125g one day old baguette, torn into small chunks.
- Fresh basil leaves
- Chop up and prepare all your ingredients.
- Set up your MOD Cold Pressed Juicer as you would for normal juicing. In addition, this recipe calls for your MOD Blend Pro so set this up also.
- Feed the tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber, fennel and lemon through the wide mouth juicer, collecting the juice in the jug.
- In your MOD Blender, add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Pour in the juice from the Cold Pressed Juicer. Start blending and slowly add the chunks of baguette. Blend until smooth.
- Turn blender off and season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust any flavours as necessary (I added a little bit more lemon). Refrigerate for minimum one hour before serving.
- When ready to serve pour into bowls or mugs and garnish with a few small basil leaves.
So there you have it! We would love to hear how you go with this soup. I promise you it will not disappoint!
Cheers, Team MOD.