Right now around Australia, children are returning to school after many weeks of learning from home. Whilst this is a joyous time for many kids (and parents too!) there are some little people who may be struggling with the transition back to school.
If this sounds like someone in your family, then our stress-busting, kids friendly morning juice recipe and our bliss ball lunch box treats are perfect for you!
Stress-less morning juice
This juice is perfect for anyone who feels a little anxious or stressed about the day ahead. It gives a great burst of energy in addition to providing important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- 2 green apples
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 2 leaves of kale
- Half thumbsized piece of ginger
What's so great about these ingredients?
- Apples - are an antioxidant powerhouse and full of vitamin c which helps the body manage the stress response.
- Kale - high in vital stress-reducing nutrients and minerals such as B-vitamins, which help maintain energy, regulate mood, and improve brain function.
- Oranges - high in vitamin C and full of immune-boosting properties (so important coming into winter).
- Ginger - has incredible anti-inflammatory properties and is terrific at easing tummies that suffer from nervous nausea.
Back to school bliss balls (from juice pulp above)
Full of fiber, these bliss balls contain no nasties or refined sugar and are the perfect little "treat from home" for your little student whilst they transition back to school.
- 2 cups juicing pulp (from our recipe above)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins or dried fruit of choice
- dash of coconut oil (if needed)
- Hemp seeds, cocoa nibs, or shredded coconut for garnish
Combine all ingredients in your blender or food processor (MOD Blend Pro is perfect for this). Scoop out the finished product, shape into small balls and roll in your choice of garnish. Store in the fridge for 1-2 days or freeze in batches to use later!
So there you have it! We would love to hear how you go with these back to school recipes!
Team MOD x