Homemade Pork Meatballs using Leftover Juice Pulp!
- 600g pork mince
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups of pulp (carrot/apple/celery)
- 1-2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme or mixed herbs
- 2-3 tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
Pre-heat the oven to 200 c.
- Grease or spray an overproof dish with some olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together in bowl.
- Using around 1 tablespoon amounts – form and roll the meatballs.
- Place the meatballs into the baking dish and bake in oven for around 15 minutes.
- After this time, turn the meatballs and if you like – you can pour over your sauce (tomato based) and then bake for a further 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Once cooked – serve with either pasta, mashed potato, green salad, beans or peas!
Looking for more meal inspo? Explore Rowena's other family-friendly recipes here!