Looking for easy options for your pre or post workout snack?
We have you covered! This smoothie is full of Pumpkin, spice and everything nice!
It is super filling and packed with protein, antioxidants and Vitamin A to help boost immunity. The potassium in the bananas also help to maintain a healthy heart and low blood pressure.
Prep for this smoothie can be done in advance so it is perfect when you are short on time but are needing a top up after a gruelling workout.
- 100g cooked pumpkin (steamed, boiled or roasted)
- 35g banana, frozen (roughly ½ small banana)
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1x serving vanilla protein powder
- 35g (⅓C) rolled oats
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or ⅓ tsp cinnamon + ¼ tsp ground ginger)
- ¾ C (185ml) milk of choice
- Handful of ice cubes
- Optional add-ins: 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, flaxseeds or psyllium husk
- Optional toppings: your favourite granola or sliced banana
- Add all the ingredients into either your MOD Standard 2 Litre Jug or your smaller Cyclone Jug.
- Place the jug on the motor base and secure the Standard Lid.
- Turn the MOD Blend Pro onto its lowest setting and slowly increase the speed using the touch slide function until the smoothie turns nice and creamy.
- Add in more milk until desired consistency is reached.
If you are after a thicker consistency, add in the optional add-ins and allow your smoothie to sit for five or so minutes before serving to thicken slightly.
Trust us, it's delicious!
- Team MOD